- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
Applied behavior analysis is one of the most frequently utilized treatment approaches for children and adults with special needs, such as autism and developmental disabilities. The scope of practice of behavior analysts is the use of behavioral principles for the assessment and treatment of problems. The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program is designed to provide students with the necessary coursework required to apply for certification as a Board Certified associate Behavior Analyst (BCaBA). In addition to coursework, the BCaBA certification requires a bachelor's degree and 1000 hours of supervised practice. For more information please see Behavior Analyst Board Certification, Inc. standards at www.bacb.com.
- Total semester hours (s.h.) required for program completion: 12
- Thesis requirement: None
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
Required Courses: 12 s.h.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|PSY 02310||Learning and Behavior||3|
|PSY 01316||Behavioral Assessment and Measurement||3|
|PSY 02305||Applied Behavior Analysis||3|
|PSY 01424||Professional Issues in Applied Behavior Analysis||3|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (pdf)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation (While the official Recommendation Form is required, an actual letter from the recommender is preferred. The applicant is encouraged to get at least one letter from a referent who can speak to the applicant's academic abilities, such as a former professor; and at least one letter from a referent who can speak to the applicant's professional abilities and behavior, such as a supervisor.)
- Interview (Applicants will be contacted directly by the Faculty Admissions Committee regarding the interview. The interview can be in person or via telephone.)
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Fall 2013||Late Aug./Early Sept.||08/01/2013|
|Spring 2014||Early Jan.||11/01/2013|
Tuition & Costs
$441 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)