- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
The COGS in Software Engineering is appropriate for computer scientists or computer engineers who already have a good understanding of software programming and who now want to gain new skills in the full life cycle of software development. Prospective students may be recent graduates holding a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or be more experienced professionals seeking to enhance their current skill set.
- Total semester hours (s.h.) required for program completion: 12
- Thesis requirement: None
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
Required Courses: 12 s.h.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|CS 07523||Advanced Software Engineering||3|
|CS 04570||Advanced Object Oriented Design||3|
|CS 04548||Programming Languages: Theory, Implementation, and Application||3|
|CS 07570||Information Visualization||3|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (Download the PDF or click here to apply online)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) in a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
Tuition & Costs
$648 tuition + $144.90 in fees = $792.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2014/2015 and is subject to change)