- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
The Certificate of Graduate Study (COGS) in Health Data Management is intended for researchers, statisticians, or data analysts who would like to play a part in the Healthcare industry. As a result of this program, students will be able to understand how to handle health-related data and design and analyze experiments as they relate to health data.
- Total semester hours (s.h.) required for program completion: 12
- Thesis requirement: None
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|Required Courses: 6 s.h.|
|DA 03510||Patient Data Understanding||3|
|DA 03505||Data Quality and Web/Text Mining||3|
|Restricted Elective: 6 s.h. (Choose two from the following)|
|DA 03515||Patient Data Privacy & Ethics||3|
|DA 03520||Healthcare Management||3|
|DA 03525||Design and Analysis of Experiments||3|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (Download the PDF or click here to apply online)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation from professional sources
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- CGCE Foundation Course Completion Form (pdf)
- A sufficient computing and mathematics background, evidenced by courses in Statistics, Linear Algebra, Object-Oriented Programming, and Data Structures & Algorithms.
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
Tuition & Costs
$648 tuition + $144.90 in fees = $792.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2014/2015 and is subject to change)