- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
The Certificate of Graduate Study (COGS) in Computational Data Analytics is intended for tech savvy industry managers who need to take advantage of big data opportunities. As a result of this program, students will be able to apply data analytics in any area of specialization. Students will be prepared to use algorithms, statistics, and technology to extract business intelligence from massive amounts of data, to manage streamed data or data stored in massive data warehouses and to visually analyze and present information.
- Total semester hours (s.h.) required for program completion: 12
- Thesis requirement: None
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|Required Courses: 9 s.h.|
|DA 02510||Visual Analytics||3|
|DA 02515||Data Warehousing||3|
|DA 02505||Data Mining I||3|
|Restricted Elective: 3 s.h.|
|DA 02525||Applied Multivariate Data Analysis||3|
|DA 02605||Data Mining II||3|
|CS 07522||Advanced Software Engineering||3|
|CS 07570||Information Visualization||3|
|CS 07556||Machine Learning||3|
|ECE 09555||Advanced Topics in Pattern Recognition||3|
|MATH 03514||Decision Analysis||3|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (Download the PDF or click here to apply online)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation from professional sources
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- CGCE Foundation Course Completion Form (pdf)
- A sufficient computing and mathematics background, evidenced by courses in Calculus I & II, Statistics, Linear Algebra, Object-Oriented Programming, and Data Structures & Algorithms.
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
Tuition & Costs
$648 tuition + $144.90 in fees = $792.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2014/2015 and is subject to change)