- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
The Certificate of Graduate Study (COGS) in Cyber Security is intended for computer scientists or computer engineers who wish to focus their careers in cyber security. As a result of this program, students will understand cryptography, malware attack and defense principles, common network based threats and countermeasures, and cyber forensics. Courses in this program may count toward Rowan’s Master of Science in Computer Science requirements.
- Total semester hours (s.h.) required for program completion: 12
- Thesis requirement: None
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|Required Courses: 9 s.h.|
|CS 07550||Advanced Cryptography||3|
|CS 07551||Advanced Cyber Security: Principles and Applications||3|
|CS 06512||Network Security||3|
|Restricted Elective: 3 s.h.|
|---------||Choose one restricted elective in consultation with the Academic Advisor||3|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (Download the PDF or click here to apply online)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives (including motivation for applying to the program)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional sources
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
Tuition & Costs
$648 tuition + $144.90 in fees = $792.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2014/2015 and is subject to change)