- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
Applied behavior analysis is one of the most frequently utilized treatment approaches for children and adults with special needs, such as autism and developmental disabilities. The scope of practice of behavior analysts is the use of behavioral principles for the assessment and treatment of problems. As such, behavior analysts do not conduct psychotherapy. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) in Applied Behavior Analysis is designed to provide students with the necessary coursework required for certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). In addition to coursework, the BCBA certification requires a Masters degree in psychology, education or a related field and 1500 hours of experience supervised by a BCBA. For more information please see Behavior Analyst Board Certification, Inc. standards at www.bacb.com.
- Total semester hours (s.h.) required for program completion: 18
- Both a thesis and a non-thesis track are available.
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
Required Courses: 18 s.h.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|PSY 02500||Basic Principles of Behavior||3|
|PSY 02510||Research Methods in Behavior Analysis||3|
|PSY 02610||Applied Behavior Analysis||3|
|PSY 02620||Behavioral Assessment & Functional Analysis||3|
|PSY 02680||Advanced Practice in ABA||3|
|PSY 02670||Ethics in ABA and Legal Issues in ABA||3|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (pdf)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Master's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning in Psychology, Education, or a behavior-related field
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation that speak to the applicant's experience in behavior analysis and human service delivery (While the official Recommendation Form is required, an actual letter from the recommender is preferred)
- Interview (Applicants will be contacted directly by the Faculty Admissions Committee regarding the interview. The interview can be in person or via telephone.)
- On-site Writing Sample (conducted during interview
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Fall 2013||Late Aug./Early Sept.||02/15/2013|
Tuition & Costs
$638 tuition + $141.90 in fees = $779.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)