The former South Jersey Teacher Outreach Program is now expanded to include all of New Jersey. Now titled the New Jersey Teacher Outreach Program (NJTOP), this initiative was established to make graduate programs from the Rowan University College of Education more accessible to teachers affiliated with New Jersey school districts. Various programs that were previously available only on Rowan’s Glassboro campus, will now be offered either in locations throughout New Jersey or online.
The following features of the NJTOP make it convenient for students to further their education while maintaining full-time employment:
- Most courses are only eight weeks long and offered sequentially allow students to take two courses per semester.
- In-person classes take place on the same night once a week during the fall and spring terms of each academic year for the entire program and, unless otherwise announced, classes will start at approximately 4:45 p.m. and end by 9:00 p.m.
- Courses are discounted from the regular Rowan tuition and fees for a per semester hour rate of only $650 (this rate applies to AY 13/14 and is subject to change).
- There is no application fee.
Available NJTOP Programs:
- M.A. in Reading Education: Reading Practitioner Online
- M.A. in Reading Education: Reading Specialist
- Master of Arts in School Administration
- Master of Arts in Special Education – Online
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate of Graduate Study – Online
- English as a Second Language Certificate of Graduate Study – Online
- Supervisor Certification
- Principal Preparation Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study
- Bilingual/Bicultural Education Endorsement
For more information regarding NJTOP and the programs contact the NJTOP Graduate Office at 888-664-5455 or email@example.com.
Click here to learn about other graduate-level programs offered by the Rowan University College of Education.