- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates and Application Deadlines
About the Program
The Certificate of Graduate Study (COGS) in Global History offers an opportunity to study on a graduate level for professional or personal development. The courses will range from topics in Latin American, Russian, Asian, African, and Middle Eastern history. Each offering will familiarize students with relevant primary and secondary sources, as well as up-to-date historical interpretations and methodologies in the respective fields.
- Total semester hours required graduate work for program completion: 15 Semester Hours (s. h.)
- 12 s. h. must be in areas outside of the United States
- Thesis requirement: None
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
Required Courses: 9 s.h.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|HIST 05511||Colloquium in American History||3|
|HIST 05522||Colloquium in European History||3|
|HIST 05531||Colloquium in Global History||3|
Elective Courses: 6 s.h.
Select two courses jointly approved by the applicant and the graduate advisor.
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (pdf)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Fall 2013||Late Aug./Early Sept.||08/01/2013|
|Spring 2014||Early Jan.||11/01/2013|
Tuition & Costs
$638 tuition + $141.90 in fees = $779.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)