- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
The Driver’s Education Course and Endorsement is designed to give individuals seeking New Jersey State Driver Education Teacher Endorsement the most convenient route to that goal. Most of the coursework is completed via the web using Blackboard. However, there are also several face-to-face meetings. Students may opt to register for the course only or seek Driver’s Education Endorsement. Any qualified person meeting the course qualifications may register for this course. Those wishing to have their credentials submitted to the state for endorsement must officially matriculate into the program.
To successfully complete the Endorsement in Driver Education program students must:
- Earn a grade of “C” or better in the Teaching Concepts of Driver Education
- Submit an official Motor Vehicle Commission driving record/abstract to the Academic Advisor. This abstract must be obtained from your regional Motor Vehicle Commission Office.
- Submit a typed and notarized statement documenting three years of consecutive driving experience to the academic advisor.
- Complete and submit the College of Education Certification Application form along with the state-required $170.00 fee made payable to Rowan University.
The actual course title is Endorsement in Driver Education. This course includes learning to teach motor vehicle operation and driving environments, and the student development of teaching techniques emphasizing safety, risk perception, and decision-making processes applied in a vehicle. Learning how to instruct others in performing behind-the-wheel driving will be scheduled outside of class time.
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Driver Education Registration & Matriculation Form (pdf)
- Copy of valid New Jersey or out-of-state driver’s license
- Copy of standard New Jersey Instructional Certificate or CEAS (Teacher of Health and Physical Education)
- Copy of current transcripts from a health/physical education teacher prep/certification program in the State of New Jersey
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
Tuition & Costs
$638 tuition + $141.90 in fees = $779.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)