- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
About the Program
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Radio, Television, and Film (RTF) is intended for media producers, and those who wish to incorporate media into their positions (e.g., small business owners, communications professionals, educators). Students will acquire the skills needed to write, edit, and produce their own productions using new media and production practices. Rowan’s facilities are extensive and students are able to practice their skills on professional equipment.
- Total semester hours required graduate work for program completion: 12 Semester Hours (s.h.)
- Thesis Requirement: None
- The program is available part-time and is usually possible to complete in 4 consecutive semesters
- Courses are offered in a face-to-face format at Rowan’s Glassboro campus
The courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally.
Required Courses: 12 Semester Hours (s.h.)
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|RTF 10523||Graduate Screenwriting||3|
|RTF 10520||Graduate Audio Production||3|
|RTF 10522||Graduate Film Production||3|
|RTF 10521||Graduate Documentary Production||3|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for this program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application Form (pdf)
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Fall 2013||Late Aug./Early Sept.||08/01/2013|
|Spring 2014||Early Jan.||11/01/2013|
Tuition & Costs
$638 tuition + $141.90 in fees = $779.90 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)